As per tier 3 restrictions currently in place in North Tyneside, from 2 December 2020:
· Contours gyms are open at all five leisure centres
· No indoor group activity for adults are permitted unless from the same household or bubble
· Adult exercise classes are not permitted
· Swimming is available at Hadrian Leisure Centre, Tynemouth Pool, Waves and The Lakeside Centre
· Indoor activities in groups for under 18s, for educational purposes and for disability sport can take place
· Facilities will allow new membership and ease card applications, please call one of the leisure centres to arrange this
· Outdoor artificial grass pitches at Hadrian Leisure Centre and The Parks are available to affiliated clubs and organisations.
· Grassroots outdoor team sports can resume so that means football can start again in line with FA guidelines at our outdoor grass pitches.
· Tennis courts, Churchill Athletics Track and Shiremoor Adventure Playground will reopen for bookable sessions
· FAQ documents and timetables are available at the bottom of this page.
In line with Government, industry and governing body of sport guidance, we have put in place stringent safety measures to ensure the safety of our staff and customers.
Government guidance has expanded the settings in which face coverings are required. This does not include gyms, leisure centres and sport facilities, however, any visitors to these facilities who are not taking part in an activity should wear a face covering (if not exempt). This includes guardians for small children in activities and anyone coming in to join the gym at reception. We would also actively encourage visitors to any of our indoor facilities to wear a face covering in any communal areas when moving through the building to attend booked exercise sessions.
For any general enquires for leisure centres, please contact: Hadrian Leisure Centre (0191 643 2025), The Parks (0191 643 2700), Tynemouth Pool (0191 643 2900), Waves (0191 643 2600), or The Lakeside Centre (0191 643 4177).
As you would expect, there will be some changes in the way we operate. Here’s what you need to know for leisure centres:
· To comply with social distancing measures, we have had to significantly reduce the number of customers allowed in at any one time
· You will need to book to visit any of the leisure centres. Bookings (and registration for bookings) can be managed here. If you want to book for multiple people to access swimming pools (i.e. for you and your children), this must be booked via the phone
· Changing rooms will only be available to those attending swimming sessions but restrictions are in place, please ensure you read the swimming FAQ document at the bottom of this page. Toilets will be available
· Facilities have been rearranged to ensure 2m distancing between individuals
· Our pools are well-maintained and properly chlorinated, with numerous risk control measures in place. Chlorine-based disinfectants are very effective against a wide range of viruses and bacteria
· Safety measures including screens at reception, barriers, and signage will be in place to reduce contact between customers and staff and show you where to go when you arrive.
· If you pay by Direct Debit, payments will restart in January 2021
· If you have paid in full, any time you have lost will be added to your membership
· If you have any questions or queries, or if you pay by Direct Debit and don’t want your membership and payments to resume, please email our membership team at email@example.com to continue to freeze your payments until you are ready to return.
We thank you for your continued support as we work to bring back our services in a safe and responsible manner.